If you are a small scale business venture or a startup in 2017 looking to make it big, you should definitely focus on writing quality content. Though paid promotions on Facebook, Twitter or Youtube have become a popular, viable option for startups, creating effective blog posts can also increase ROI, in the long run.
Having a blog for your website can actually be very effective for your business.
- It increases the visibility of your website by directing traffic towards it.
- Customers can connect with you through your blog, which strengthens their ties with your venture.
- It helps you rank higher in SERPs if you have fresh, SEO optimized quality content.
- It helps build good brand image and shows that you have sound knowledge of what you are doing.
Having a blog can prove to be effective for your business, only if you ensure that quality content is being published. Usually, startups focus most their resources on advertising across social media channels and devote very little time and effort to creating quality blog posts. The content needs to be exciting, engrossing and something which keeps the reader waiting for the next post. If you are maintaining a blog, or writing guest blog posts, and would like to increase the readership, consider the following tips below.
- Write relevant content: If you are maintaining a blog for your business venture, it is important to write content relevant to your product. Remember, your blog is a means to increase consumer base for your company, and convert them to leads. Hence you should focus on topics which would target the right audience for your venture.
- Do not use excessive flowery language: Unless you are writing for a literary venture do not use excessively elaborate language. Keep your sentences short and crisp. Remember that you are curating content for your company, not for a novel. Use simpler phrases, simple vocabulary and do away with all the ‘intricate stuff’.
- No single piece of long text: Break up your content into smaller sections. Use bullets, points, headings and subheadings to retain the attention of the reader. Nobody has the time to go through long paragraphs of text. People need instant information, presented in a systematic manner.
- Come up with a catchy title: Spend some time thinking about the title. Experiment with two or more titles to see which brings in more readership. Titles are what will make the reader open up your link. Make sure they are not very generic or too long.
- Keywords are the key: You will have to learn the basics of SEO and keywords if you are serious about writing blogs. Even before you start off with an article, you need to think of the keywords you would choose. This is what Google uses to analyze what is being discussed in your post. There are numerous tools online which would help you with keyword research like SEMRush, Ubersuggest, Google Adwords etc.
- Write longer articles with quality content: Longer articles rank higher as per BuzzSumo analyses. Usually, articles around 1500- 2000 words seem to do fairly better than smaller articles. However, you must ensure that the 2000 word long write-up is well worth the read. It should be in your subject domain and should stand about among the many articles of the similar kind up on the world wide web.
These are some important things to consider before starting out to write a blog. Of course, you can get your blogs done by a third party franchise, which specializes in this. However, do remember to pay well. Many freelancers who to do blogs are paid a meagre amount, which reflects in their work.
Add a Comment